We are very excited to have you back!
There are certain regulations that we need to follow to ensure the safety of our staff and our members. We have three phases of our re-opening which is outline below:
Phase 1: We will be opening for outdoor fitness in our front parking lot.
Hours of Operation
Monday – Friday
8:00am – 12 noon: OPEN
12 noon- 3:00pm: CLOSED FOR CLEANING
Saturday and Sunday: CLOSED
Parking: With outdoor fitness in our front parking lot/main entrance, please enter the parking structure through the Kenwood St. alley.
What to expect:
* Outdoor fitness is for YMCA of Glendale members only. If you have cancelled or a potential new member, please visit our membership desk at the front door of our Main Entrance.
* You will be required to sign a new waiver.
* You must be 15 and older.
*To park, you will enter the parking structure, through the alley, on Kenwood St.
* Face covering required for all.
* We will be conducting a temperature check
* We have a different entrance and exit.
*Signs are placed accordingly to assist you.
*Currently, reservations are not required. (Subject to change)
What to bring:
* Face Covering
* Workout Towel
* Water Bottle (drinking fountains are not available)
Frequently Asked Questions:
If I am on hold, how do I activate my membership?
Your membership will be automatically removed from hold. You do not need to do anything else. If you would like to extend that hold, you must make that request.
I cancelled and want to rejoin?
Members can visit us during our hours of operation to sign back up.
Will group exercise be available?
We are looking at Phase 2 with modified classes. We will continue to provide virtual classes. If you are interested on our virtual offerings, please visit our website.
When is Phase 2 starting?
We anticipate Phase 2 to start as of end of March, unless there are additional challenges or guidelines presented to us.
What Is The Y Doing To Keep Me Safe?
- Traffic Flow- Members must enter at our main entrance. We will regulate one way traffic flow where possible.
- Temperature Checks- Staff and members will receive temperature checks before entering our facility.
- Why Are You Taking Temperatures? What happens if my temperature is over 100.4?- We are taking temperatures as recommended by the CDC to ensure anyone with a fever does not enter our facilities. If your temperature is over 100.4, you will be required to leave the facility and return after being symptom free for 72 hrs.
- Personal protective Equipment For All Staff- All staff will be required to wear face coverings while serving members. Members are required to wear a face covering when at the facility EXCEPT when engaged in physical exercise or while training.
- New Spacing- We have spaced out our equipment to give 6 feet of space to those who would like to workout.
- Cleaning- We have deep cleaned the equipment and updated our cleaning procedures. We will also be closing our facility during the day for three hours of deep cleaning Monday- Friday.
- How often is the Y and the equipment being cleaned? Staff will clean and disinfect all high touch areas frequently. Members will be asked to clean the machines and equipment before and after use. Staff will clean all areas in between reservations. A deep clean of all areas within the YMCA will take place every night after closing.
- Sanitation- Hand sanitizer will be available before entry of each room.
The safety and well-being of everyone in our community is our top priority. We are following all national, state and local guidelines for reopening. We've ensured our facilities meet the highest standards for cleanliness and safety, and we have modified our procedures and programs to facilitate safe social distancing practices.
- Staff are required to wear face coverings when interacting with members or other staff.
- All staff will have their temperatures checked as well as answer our wellness questions before entering the facility.
- All staff will be frequently cleaning and disinfecting.
- Staff are required to be trained on COVID-19 protocols.
- We are required to keep them closed, along with our whole indoor facility, at this time due to the County of Los Angeles Public Health guidelines.
- Unfortunately, our Child Watch room will be closed in Phase 1 as recommended by the County of Los Angeles Public Health Dept.
- We will be sending out regular email communications to members. You are also encouraged to follow us on social media for immediate updates and changes. You can also visit our website for our latest updated information.
- In the event of a known case of COVID-19, we will investigate the case, alert the local health department, and identify and isolate rooms as advised by the local health officials.